About the Maine Unemployment Benefits site:
The Maine Department of Labor operates File4UI.com and is your one stop shop for UI information in the state of Maine. This state service allows a user to file a claim for benefits, appeal a decision, reactivate an earlier claim or check on the status of a claim or appeal. Yes; even people in the state of Main file for unemployment. The programs available in the state are 1. State Unemployment Insurance 2. Emergency Unemployment Compensation and 3. Extended Benefits. Each program is designed to help an unemployed resident get back on his/her feet by providing cash and other benefits while they are out of work. UI benefits are available to those who have lost their job due to circumstances beyond their control. EUC is a program that allows a user to file for and receive extended benefits that provides additional weeks of benefits after UI benefits are used up. The EB program combines the best of both worlds (state and federal) and provides additional weeks of benefits after UI and EUC have been used up.
Site: Maine Unemployment Benefits
Purpose: File for State Unemployment Insurance
About Maine Unemployment:
Maine State IU benefits last up to 26 weeks and the amount you will receive is based on your earnings during a set period prior to losing your job. You will be paid every week and the max amount any one individual can receive is $372.00. Please note that upon submitting your application the state will contact all of your former employers so make sure the information you provide is up to date and accurate. A failure to keep updated records may result in a denial of benefits.
- Have all your information on hand when filing a UI claim
- Veterans will need their DD214 if they have separated the Armed Force within the last 18 months
- Please have all jobs to include job name, address and telephone number of each place you worked at during the past 18 months
- If you have to call the toll-free number please call on Thursdays or Fridays to avoid a long wait.
- Sign-up for important updates by email on your unemployment benefits.
- Use the online job services offered at the site.
*Please note the above survey is not associated with the official Maine Unemployment Benefits portal
Maine Department of Labor
54 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333
by phone: 1-800-593-7660